Pages

Case Study: Anna, an IntoUniversity School Leaver


This year we were delighted to hear that Anna, one of our students from IU Haringey North, would be going to the University of Southampton to study Medicine. Here, she writes about how Haringey North's Centre Leader Robert Line supported her in her journey to university.


I was introduced to IntoUniversity through my school.  At first, a few members of IntoUniversity came to help me and other students at my school with writing personal statements as well as choosing universities.

By the time you get to sixth form, you have to make a really difficult decision and answer one of the hardest questions – “what do I want to do in the future?”  I always knew I wanted to study Medicine, but I didn’t have enough confidence to pursue my career.  The careers advisor at my school got me in touch directly with one of the members of staff at IntoUniversity, Robert, who has been my mentor ever since. 

I did not know what to do as I wasn’t sure I would get into Medicine with my grades.  Before I knew it, Robert had answers to all of my questions.  He researched possible universities that I could apply to, and not only did he guide me through the UCAS process, but also other things such as UKCAT that I had to prepare for.  Robert was there every single time I needed help, even during summer holidays I could always email him and he would always reply ASAP.  The most difficult part was writing a personal statement, but again it was Robert who was there ready to help.


I am now going to study Medicine at the University of Southampton – I can’t wait to start!  Honestly, if I didn’t get all the help from my mentor I do not think I would be in the same situation.  He always helped me to solve any problems that I had and continued to build my confidence.  I can never thank him enough.

You can read more testimonials from IU students on our website.

No comments:

Post a Comment