Pages

My experience of student volunteering

Guest blog by Abedi Muzima, Youth Development Intern, IU Haringey North 


My experience of student volunteering has taken me on an amazing journey and has really been the catalyst for me to determine the career path I want to follow. Volunteering has also contributed to me becoming an intern at IntoUniversity which is an achievement I am very proud of.

Whilst studying at Nottingham Trent University I volunteered as a Youth Development Worker for an organisation called Enthusiasm for Young People, where I provided academic support to young people and helped develop their life skills, something I really enjoyed doing. I also had the privilege of going abroad to Romania as a volunteer with my university and working with young people across a range of different ages, a brilliant and life changing experience for me as it allowed me to gain experience of working with young people abroad as well as travelling to a country that I would have never have thought of visiting before.

Volunteering has opened a door of opportunities for me and has assisted me in developing my own skills and experiences when working with young people. It has given me the experience and confidence to provide academic support and pastoral care to young people in a centre-based environment, leading me to apply to volunteer with IntoUniversity. 


No comments:

Post a Comment