Pages

IntoUniversity Supplementary Schools Project: Joining the team and much, much more!


By Alisha Kanabar, IntoUniversity Supplementary Schools Project Worker



I joined IntoUniversity at the beginning of August this year; looking back all I can remember is finishing the school term (I was a teacher previously) and looking forward to the summer holidays. Even if I only had two weeks to pack my bags, leave home and move to London! Not much of a ‘holiday’, but a move I couldn’t wait for!

Since joining the IntoUniversity team, I have been trained thoroughly for eight weeks - from seminars with heated discussions to hands-on experience; it has been incredible.  And then I started my role as the Supplementary Schools Project Worker alongside my manager Shamiso Lewis, something I was very much looking forward to.

The project is in full swing; with every day being different I am constantly learning and adapting; and most importantly fulfilling the IntoUniversity aim through the work that we do: enabling young people to aspire and achieve. 

We have visited supplementary schools across the country! From delivering information sessions on higher education to teachers and parents at Refugee Action in York, to the West of London where one Saturday we visited the University of London with Community Education Forum School and had a memorable day learning about higher education.

Soon, the IUSSP team will be heading north to Manchester to work in partnership with the universities and then to Leicester where we have made new links with the supplementary schools there. It’s all go! Whether I am creating sessions from scratch, attending conferences, delivering in universities or supplementary schools, or working out Salesforce - I am so pleased to be a part of IntoUniversity!



To find out more about the work IntoUniversity is doing with supplementary schools, visit the IntoUniversity Supplementary Schools Project website here.


No comments:

Post a Comment