Pages

Adetayo's story


“From the moment you walk into an IntoUniversity centre you feel comfortable. The centres might look like any other classroom, but it's the level of personal and academic support you get from staff that makes them different.”


Adetayo attended IntoUniversity's Hackney South centre from 2011-2016.
He is now studying Maths and Spanish at Queen Mary, University of London.

 Adetayo is one of IntoUniversity’s most committed and ambitious students. He first visited our Hackney South centre in 2011, when he was in Year 8, to find a quiet space to complete his homework. Living with his family on a nearby council estate, Adetayo often found it difficult to focus on his work at home and his parents, whilst supportive and encouraging, did not feel confident to support him with his studies.

He quickly found a home-from-home at our Hackney South centre and over the past five years Adetayo has developed close relationships with the staff team. As well as providing help for Adetayo with his school work, the team’s pastoral care has also had a significant impact - especially in helping Adetayo to thinking about his university options. 

“My A-Level results day was particularly difficult. It hadn't gone as well as I had hoped so I really wasn't myself, but the support and genuine care of the team at IntoUniversity really helped me to get through the clearing process and secure my university place … IntoUniversity has helped me to keep my options open.”

Adetayo is now a student at Queen Mary, University of London. Studying in east London will mean Adetayo can easily keep in touch with the Hackney South centre and is looking forward to volunteering as a mentor to younger students. 

“My goals for the future aren't set yet. I'd like to graduate first and enjoy my university experience. I’ll definitely stay connected to IntoUniversity, volunteering as much as I can to help other students because I know first-hand the difference it can make.”


2 comments:

  1. We Deals in Osteopathy Leeds with best methods to reestablish ideal capacity. we are best Osteopath Leeds City Center serving for Osteopath Bradford and Osteopath Batley. here are possibilities for the Osteopath Leeds, Osteopathy Leeds, Osteopath Leeds City Center, Osteopathy Leeds City Center, Chiropractor Leeds, Back Pain in Leeds City Centre, Chiropractor in Leeds and Chiropractic Leeds City Center.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work.Osteopath Sydney CBD

    ReplyDelete