Pages

A Successful Mentoring Partnership: Charles and James









Charles is a mentee on our Cambridge Mentoring Scheme and is studying Law at St Catharine's College, Cambridge. He wrote this letter to IntoUniversity to let us know how well his mentor partnership with James has worked out:

'I feel like I should inform you that James has been a massive help to me! He's given me such great advice and has really helped me to settle into the previously unknown world of university life. He's helped me to organise myself, given me study tips and ensured that I was properly settled into college life. It's been so good to have somebody to talk when I have any fears about anything and I think that it is incredibly useful to get advice from him on what I should do. Without him, I don't know where I would be in life. When he came into my life, it was like a light switch being flipped in a dark room. He's even taken his time out to talk to me about future careers and has given me tons of advice on applications to investment banks for spring programmes. I honestly think that he has changed my life.'

James, Charles' mentor, had this to say:

'It is great to hear that Charles appreciates me as a mentor, however I have to say that it has been a pleasure and a privilege to guide someone so kind, caring and thoughtful through their first six months of University. Charles and I have a very good friendship that makes it much easier for us to communicate and be honest with each other - a cornerstone of any strong mentor/mentee relationship. Not only have I helped Charles, but he has also helped me:helped me realise that it is important to give back, important to be considerate but also important to ensure that others learn from your own experiences. I am sure that I will continue to be friends with Charles long after this scheme is done - I hope to help Charles with the decisions he continues to make throughout his university life, and beyond. I cannot praise enough the IntoUniversity scheme and the connections they help create.'

Find out more about our mentoring scheme here.

No comments:

Post a Comment