Pages

Short Story Competition: Dreams Do Come True

A short story by Mary, 11
IntoUniversity Lambeth

“But mum I don’t want to go to dance anymore! She’s so mean to me! I don’t even think I should be a dancer anymore! Or even go on Broadway!!!” Maddie slumped onto her water bed.

“Honey, she is only being mean to you because she wants the best for you and wants you to become a better dancer so you can be on Broadway.”

“No mum you don’t get it she’s always mean to me! I’m not going to dance whether you like it or not!!” Maddie sat there angrily with her arms crossed together.

It all started when Maddie was going to dance with her mum and her bratty sister Alexa. 

“Hello Maddie!” exclaimed her dance teacher Jessy. “Come on in we’ve got a lot of work to do.” Maddie started shaking worriedly. Jessy closed the creaky door slowly...

“Give me 100 push-ups now!!”She shouted.

“Why are you doing this to me!!?" Maddie exclaimed.

“You are a sore loser! You can’t do anything! You’re rubbish at dancing! You should just stick to boring knitting with your old dirty grandma!!” Jessy crept up to Maddie and started cackling evilly. Worriedly, Maddie started shaking like a rattle snake she was so frightened she didn’t know what to do! Jessy was coming closer and closer to Maddie… “Don’t be scared I’m a nice lady…THAT WILL GOBBLE YOU UP FOR DINNER!!!”

“AAAH!!!” Maddie yelled. “Mummy come quick Jessy is scaring me!!”

“What happened sweetheart!!??”

“Jessy is scaring me and telling me to do a 100 push ups for no reason!! I never did anything to her!”

“That’s it! We are leaving I have had enough! I’ll sue you Jessy for making my daughter cry every single day!! We are leaving this dance studio enough is enough!!”

After the incident that happened Maddie and her mum never heard from Jessy again.
Maddie has learnt a very good lesson since the incident happened. She knew that she should never listen to others and she should always believe in herself and never give up no matter what!

Eight years later, she is now on Broadway and she teaches other little girls to aim for their dreams no matter how long or how much pain you have to go through!

This short story was written by Mary, a Year 6 student at IntoUniversity Lambeth. Mary's entry was one of eight stories shortlisted in the 2015 IntoUniversity Short Story competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment